Temporary Restriction on Transportation of Dangerous Goods Cargoes to Beijing Airport (PEK) (As of 22JUL)
Please be informed of the following changes to the restrictive measures for the transportation of dangerous goods cargoes arriving at Beijing Airport (PEK).
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
1. Effective Date
Immediately, until further notice
2. Applicable Cargo
All Dangerous Goods to PEK (Including DG in Excepted Quantities)
* Excluding Medical Isotope
* (Updates from 7/14) Excluding Section II Lithium Batteries (ELM, ELI), Dry Ice (ICE), and Radioactive Materials (120cmW x 120cmL x 150cmH, 500KG / 1PC max.)
- The applicable cargoes cannot be transported to PEK.
- The applicable cargoes that have already arrived at PEK will be compulsorily returned to origin after 14 days if the import customs clearance has not been completed within 14 days from the date of arrival at PEK.
4. For Customers
- Please be advised that we may have to ask you to pick up any of those applicable cargoes that have already been accepted and are not yet loaded on a flight to PEK.
- If the applicable cargo has already arrived at PEK, please clear customs and pick up the cargo within 14 days.
- If customs clearance is completed within 14 days of arrival at PEK, the return shipment order may be withheld. However, if the shipment remains at PEK airport more than 14 days after arrival at PEK, it may be returned to the origin. Please pick up your cargo as soon as possible after customs clearance.
- The transport restriction on Dry Ice (ICE) will be lifted, but the restriction on refrigerated cargo that requires temperature-controlled storage will remain in effect.
Your kind cooperation and understanding are highly appreciated.