Change of FWB/FHL mandatory items required by China Customs
China customs has issued a new regulation No.144 to ease the current mandatory items on FWB/FHL for inbound shipments. In accordance with this regulation, some items are no longer required to send to customs. Please kindly refer to the details as follows.
1. Effective Date
From shipment arriving in China on 15 November 2019
2. Items to be submitted
- Shipper/Consignee's postal address
- Shipper/Consignee's telephone number or FAX number
- Notify party's telephone number or FAX number (if applicable)
<No longer required>
- Shipper/Consignee/Notify Party's corporate registration code (identifier type and number)
- Name and contact number of Consignee's Specific Contact Person
*It is still no problem for customs to receive FWB/FHL which contains above.
3. How to submit MAWB/HAWB data
Please submit by either way as below.
Even if the data is submitted by FWB/FHL messages, please provide above mandatory items with written on AWB and/or cargo manifest paper.
i. Submit by FWB/FHL electric messages
Acceptable message versions: FWB ver.16 / FHL ver.4.
ii. Submit by paper documents
Please provide mandatory items written in "Shipper/Consignee's name and address" on AWB and/or cargo manifest.
In the event of not providing mandatory items, shipments may stop at destination and/or cause a delay of clearance/delivery.
Your kind cooperation and understanding are highly appreciated.