Chapter 1.Handling of personal information
1. Basic Policy
In providing our main businesses, which are the cargo and commissioned businesses, ANA Cargo Inc. (hereafter, ANA Cargo) recognizes that customers' personal information is essential in order for us to provide fully satisfactory services. We recognize the importance of the information received from our customers, and make efforts to take the utmost care in handling such information. In order to have our customers utilize ANA Cargo with a sense of safety and trust, we educate our executives and employees thoroughly about laws and company regulations related to personal information, and have established our company's structure to include measures for safety, thereby exerting maximum effort toward appropriate management and use of each customer's personal information.
3. Scope of Application
4. Purpose of Using Personal Information
ANA Cargo will obtain and use customers' personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Reservations, sales, transportation and airport services with regard to air cargo services
(2) Reservations, sales, transportation and airport services for interline transportation, joint acceptance of carriage, code share, successive carriage and consigned carriage
(3) Guidance, provision, and management of other services and products offered by ANA Cargo
(4) All operations incidental or related to the above (1)-(3)
(5) Implementation of questionnaires concerning service and products, etc., offered by ANA Cargo
(6) Development of new services and products
(7) Guidance, operation, management and notification of services, products, events and campaigns of ANA Group companies and partner companies
(8) Response to inquiries, requests, complaints, consultations, etc.
5. Acquisition of Personal Information
ANA Cargo will obtain the following personal information by fair and appropriate means for the purpose of achieving the previously mentioned purposes.
Personal information provided to ANA Cargo by the customer to apply for ANA Cargo's services, etc., which include the customer's name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, business contact, mailing address, etc.
ANA Cargo will never obtain and use information of a sensitive nature to the customer (the "sensitive information"), such as information on race, beliefs, social standing, history of illness, crime records, and history of having been afflicted by crime, unless required by laws and regulations or by the consent of the customer.
6. Choice by the Customer
As a rule, ANA Cargo obtains personal information by the volition of the customer. Customers may experience disadvantages if they refuse to provide their personal information, such as being unable to make use of the various services provided by ANA Cargo, or being unable to receive notices and other information from ANA cargo because a part of the functions of ANA Cargo's system become inoperable and thereby unavailable. Please note that customers may change their contact information, etc., at any time they wish, in a manner designated separately by ANA Cargo.
7. Disclosure and Provision of Information to a Third Party
ANA Cargo will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstances. Also, customers' personal information including sensitive information will not be disclosed or provided to third parties under any circumstances, unless allowed by laws and regulations or by consent of the customer. Note that provision of information to data sharing partners and business entrusted companies are not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
(1) Customer consent has been obtained.
(2) Disclosure or provision is required in conformity with laws or regulations.
(3) Disclosure is required to protect human life, health, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
(4) Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
(5) Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data (in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity).
(6) Provision of information in accordance to procedures based on laws and regulations, under the condition that the following information can be easily checked by the customers themselves through the ANA Cargo website, etc., and that the customers have not declared their wish to refuse provision of their information.
1) The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party
2) Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party
3) The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party
4) Provisions of information will be suspended upon the customers' request
5) Methods for accepting requests from customers
(7) Provision of information as a result of the succession of business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise.
8. Data Sharing
ANA Cargo will share customer information as follows.
(1) Scope of data sharing
ANA Group companies
(2) Purpose of use by the user
1) For development of new services and products, etc.
2) For notification of new products and services by direct mail, etc.
3) For delivery and transfer to relevant companies in the event of an inquiry, application for use or other request from a customer regarding products and services provided by ANA Group companies.
4) For appropriate and smooth fulfillment of other transactions with customers, etc.
(3) Personal information items to be shared
Customer name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, business contact, sex, content of transaction, etc.
(4) Party responsible for management of personal information
ANA Cargo Inc.
9. Business Entrustment
In providing products and services to customers, ANA Cargo may entrust a part of its business operations to third parties to which personal information may also be disclosed to the extent required to achieve the purpose of the entrustment. In these cases, ANA Cargo will implement all appropriate measures in managing and supervising such third parties to safeguard the handling of customers' personal information, including establishing agreements on the handling of such personal information.
10. Transfer to Outside of Japan
If ANA Cargo provides customers' personal information to third party business operators outside of Japan, including business entrusted companies and data sharing partners, ANA Cargo will take necessary and appropriate measures in keeping with laws and regulations.
11. Management of Personal Information
In receiving customers' personal information, ANA Cargo will manage such information properly and take the utmost care to prevent leaks, loss, or alterations. ANA Cargo ensures that the executives and employees are properly trained regarding appropriate handling to safeguard the security of information identifying individual customers. An appropriate retention period for personal information will be established in accordance with the purpose for which such information is used. After the purpose of the information has been achieved, ANA Cargo will dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods.
12. Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Addition, Discontinuance, and Erasure of Personal Information
If ANA Cargo receives a request from a customer, submitted in the manner specified, for the (1) disclosure, (2) correction, deletion or addition, or (3) discontinuance or erasure of the customer's personal information stored in a database held by ANA Cargo, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer in person.
(1) Request for disclosure
Personal information items will be disclosed in accordance with the customer's request.
(2) Request for correction, deletion or addition
Correction, deletion, or addition of personal information will be undertaken to the extent possible after due review of the request.
(3) Request for discontinuance or erasure
The use of personal information items designated by the customer will be discontinued, and the relevant information erased if so desired, in accordance with the submitted request. However, please note that such requests may prevent customers from being provided with services that they had utilized, or may impede the provision of services in accordance to their wishes. Please make sure to understand these risks before making such requests.
ANA Cargo may not be able to fulfill the customers' requests if compliance with such requests would seriously impact ANA Cargo's business operations, or result in a violation of laws and regulations.
13. Submission of Request for Disclosure, etc., and Inquiries
The method for submitting requests for disclosure, etc., or notification of purpose of use of personal information received by ANA Cargo from customers are as follows.
(1) Method for submitting request
For requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance or erasure and notification of purpose of use, please complete the designated request form and send the completed form together with all required documents by postal mail to the address below.
ANA Cargo Personal Information Handling Desk
Shiodome-City Center, 1-5-2, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7140, Japan
(2) Required documents
Please complete the applicable one of the following request forms by filling out all required information, and send the completed form along with the documents for personal identification. Please kindly note in advance that if any of the required information is missing, such request for disclosure, etc., may not be accepted. Customers are requested to download the applicable request form from the following.
ANA Cargo's designated application forms
Documents required for confirmation of identification of individual, etc.
For requests by the individual:
Copies of two from the following: driver's license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of seal registration, or individual number card (front page only)
For requests by a proxy (Both 1) and 2) below are required):
1)Documents to identify the proxy (copies of two from the following: driver's license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of seal registration, or individual number card)
2) Power of attorney (legal representatives must provide a document certifying such status)
A fee equivalent to JPY500 (including tax) will be charged for each request of disclosure, etc. Please note that handling procedures may differ depending on the laws and regulations of the relevant country.
15. Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Continuous Improvement
ANA Cargo will comply with all laws and regulations of Japan as well as other relevant standards applicable to the personal information held by ANA Cargo, and continuously and flexibly review the management systems and company regulations on a periodic basis. Also, ANA Cargo will endeavor to continuously improve the handling of personal information in light of changes in the environment such as the development of information technology and changes in social demands.
Chapter2.Handling of personal information of EEA
Besides Chapter 1, Chapter 2 also shall be applied to the handling of personal information of persons residing in the European Economic Area (hereinafter referred to as "EEA") based on the REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive "95/46/EC". In the event that any provisions of this chapter contradict those of chapter 1, the provisions of this chapter shall prevail.
2. Request about handling of Personal Information
If ANA Cargo receives a request from an EEA resident, submitted in the manner specified, for the withdrawal of consent, data portability, or objection to data processing besides Chapter 1 Article 12 of the customer's personal information stored in a database held by ANA Cargo, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer themselves.
(1) Request for withdrawal
Personal information will be deleted or suspended in accordance with the customer's request, wherever possible and appropriate, after due review of the request.
However, please note that such requests may prevent customers from being provided with services that they had utilized, or may impede the provision of services in accordance with their wishes.
(2) Request for data portability
A copy of the personal information held by ANA Cargo will be provided in accordance with the customer's request, wherever possible and appropriate, after due review of the request.
(3) Objection to data processing
The use of personal information will be suspended, wherever possible and appropriate, after due review of the request.
(4) Making a request or an objection
Customers may submit above by the method provided in Chapter 1 Article 13. Customers may use the following forms for submission.
(1) In the case that the country in which the third party is located is outside the EEA, such country does not have the same data protection laws as the EEA, many of the rights provided in the EEA to the data subjects of the data will not necessarily be provided.
(2) The customers' personal data may be provided for the purposes specified above to the subsidiaries and affiliates of ANA Cargo or third parties outside the EEA.
4. Change of purposes of use of personal data
5. Lodging a complaint with an authority
Customers have the right to lodge a complaint on the processing of their personal data with the data protection authority having jurisdiction over their residence. Please use the following URL to contact the authority having jurisdiction over your residence:
(As of May 2018)