Contributing to international logistics
on the global stage
- Global NetworkUsing our freighters and the ANA Group's passenger aircraft network to maximum advantage, we are chosen by customers worldwide.
- Japan QualityOur focus on quality provides a reliability and security appreciated by customers around the world.
- Innovation PioneerWe consistently conduct business with an innovative approach delivering a rich future to customers everywhere.
ANA Cargo is a core company in ANA Group's air transportation and cargo business. Using the Group's freighters and international and domestic passenger route networks, we formulate business strategies, develop products and solutions, control sales, operations and other aspects of ANA's business in this field. In 2017, the total volume of air cargo transported by ANA Cargo reached 1.363 million tons, which was ranked the world's 9th place in terms of mounting weight by IATA member carrier. Our goal is to raise our rank to at least 5th place by 2022 to become one of the global Top 5.
With respect to the market, international trade is expected to expand reflecting the growth of the automobile, high-tech, machine tools, medical equipment and pharmaceutical industries along with the continued globalization and sophistication of supply chains. In particular, demand is anticipated to grow between Asia and North America in the medium to long term. Going forward, we will introduce Boeing 777 large freighters to become a carrier capable of handling all kinds of cargo. Furthermore, we will endeavor to aggressively capture growing demand arising from the synergy of the passenger flight network and freighters, the numbers of which are increasing mainly at the expanding Haneda International Airport.
We will move forward day by day based on our motto "CARGO + Innovation," providing added value and satisfying customer needs at the same time as generating innovation in the air cargo business for the future.
Toshiaki Toyama - President
Becoming the comprehensive
air cargo company of choice
We want to continue to bring new value and innovation to the world of international cargo and logistics.
As a combination carrier fusing freight and passenger flight networks, ANA Cargo has created a system to respond swiftly to customer needs, realizing stable transportation services. Furthermore, we will introduce "Boeing 777 freighter" to handle the increasing quantity of cargo between Asia and North America, which is expected to continue to grow in the medium to long term. With our abundant equipment and product lineup, we have the capability to handle all kinds of cargo, providing innovative services. With our stable air transportation infrastructure and distribution functions, ANA Cargo is evolving daily with the aim of growing into a Global Top 5 carrier.
The three pillars leveraging
our global network
Using freighter and the ANA Group's passenger aircraft network, ANA Cargo is developing its business across three pillars that will contribute to international distribution.
Measures that realize innovation
Fast transportation to Asia
via Okinawa Cargo Hub
Established in Naha in 2009, the Okinawa Cargo Hub provides 24-hour landing and takeoff services, connecting Japan and countries throughout Asia within four hours. Through a network that takes Intra-Asia at face value, we deliver cargo accepted in locations around Japan to destinations in Asian countries by the following morning. These activities are supported by our business infrastructure, where both quality assurance and time-saving are essential.
Launching world-first joint ventures
We launched the world's first cargo joint-venture business between airlines with Lufthansa Cargo in 2014, and then another joint venture with United Cargo in 2016. Mutual connections have enabled us to provide optimal routes and cargo space, making smooth transportation to even more destinations possible. We are creating many benefits for customers in terms of speed and flexibility.
ANA Group's trans-border
Trans-border EC business between Japan and China is continuing to grow at a rapid speed that outpaces consumption by visitors to Japan. The OCS of the ANA Group, which has been designated as an EC customs broker by China Customs, has developed an advanced product registration system for EC customs clearance in collaboration with ACD Inc. (Ekkyo.net). This has resulted in direct shipment trans-border EC solutions by combining the system with the ANA Group's intermodal transportation system, and thereby broadening customers' opportunities to join overseas markets.
Company Name: ANA Cargo Inc.
Shareholder: ANA Holdings Inc. (100%)
Established: October 1, 2013
Commencement of Operations: April 1, 2014
Head Office Address: Shiodome City Center, 1-5-2 Higashi-Shimbashi,
Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
History of ANA Cargo Inc. and the ANA Group's Cargo Business
- December 1953: Cargo transportation between Tokyo and Osaka begins
- 1987-1990: Four companies are established in relation to the ANA Group's cargo business
- November 2001: ANA Logistics Service Co., Ltd. is established
- March 2002: ANA Logistics Service Co., Ltd. commences operations
- 2002-2003: ANA Logistics Service Co., Ltd. merges with four companies
- September 2002: B767-300F freighter services commence
- November 2003: Schedulled Cargo midnight flight TYO-CTS flying start
- May 2004: Schedulled Cargo midnight flight TYO-HSG flying start
- March 2003: OCS Inc. became a member of ANA Group company
- October 2009: ANA Okinawa cargo hub operations commence
- October 2013: ANA Cargo Inc. is established
- April 2014: ANA Cargo Inc. commences operations
- May 2014: B767-300F 10th freighter services commence
- December 2014: ANA Cargo Inc. and Lufthansa Cargo establish the world's first cargo joint venture
- July 2016: ANA Cargo Inc. and United Airlines Cargo launched cargo joint venture.