Restriction on Lithium Ion/Metal Batteries for ANA freighter flights
ANA has decided to suspend accepting Lithium Ion/Metal Batteries on ANA freighter flights in principle. However, it will be acceptable under certain conditions as follows;
1. Effective Date
Effective flight: from August 3 (Mon) 2015
2. Applicable Flights
All ANA freighter flights
3. Embargo Shipments
・Lithium Ion and Metal Batteries (UN3480/PI965),including Section IA/IB, Section II
・Lithium Ion and Metal Batteries (UN3090/PI968),including Section IA/IB, Section II
However, following items are acceptable;
・Lithium ion batteries (UN3481) in accordance with PI966, PI967
・Lithium metal batteries (UN3091) in accordance with PI969, PI970
4. Requirements to transport
In principle, Lithium Ion and Metal Batteries (UN3480,3090/PI965,968), including Section IA/IB, Section II are embargo unless all of following requirements are prepared beforehand.
1. All requirements in IATA DGR are complied
2. For UN3480 Section II and UN3090 Section II, House AWB number and, number and net quantity of packages including Lithium Batteries must be described in the AWB. (Please see attachment 1)
3. Drop test certification based on IATA DGR must be attached with the AWB.(Please see attachment 2)
4. The shipment must be separately packaged from "RFL" shipment
5. BUC are not acceptable
6. Cut off time is 5 hours prior to departure time (STD) Please inform of UN3480/UN3090 when you book the shipment to our sales person
We are now preparing for handling procedure to be ready in each airport, but current acceptance conditions are not the same in each airport, therefore please ask your nearest sales person of ANA Cargo or our Website to check any updates.
Your kind cooperation and understanding are highly appreciated.
【Attachment】Acceptable Airport List (Last updated: 21 August, 2015)